Is clicSÉQUR safe?
Security is a priority for the clicSÉQUR team. ClicSÉQUR enables participating departments and agencies to ensure that the online service they are providing is used by the correct person. It includes various measures to guarantee the confidentiality and protection of information provided by users.
Why do we use the multi-factor authentication?
Information security ia a priority for the Gouvernement du Québec. This is why implementing multi-factor authentication will further protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information in your account.
When you access your account, you will notice the following changes:
- Every time you log in, to access the Electronic Service Delivery (ESD), Autorité des marchés financiers, Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec, Directeur de l'état civil, Groupement des assureurs automobiles, Ministère de l'emploi et de la solidarité sociale, Ministère de l'environnement de la lutte contre les changements climatiques de la faune et des parcs, Office de la protection du consommateur, Québec emploi, Régime québecois d'assurance parentale or Retraite Québec.
You must enter a six-digit verification code to complete your authentication. It will be sent to the email address associated with your account. This code will be valid for ten minutes. After this time, you will need to request a new verification code.
- To access the Electronic Service Delivery (ESD), Revenu Québec, Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec.
You must answer the security questions you are asked.
Remember to check your Spam folder if you did not receive the code in your email inbox.
How does clicSÉQUR protect your identity?
ClicSÉQUR includes measures to protect your identity and enable you to detect fraudulent use of your clicSÉQUR account. The main measures are the following:
- A top security certificate
It allows the establishment of a secure connection during data exchange on clicSÉQUR and a confirmation that you have reached the right address and that the service is safe.
- An MFA verification code
It is sent to you with every login and further protects the confidentiality and integrity of the information contained in your account.
- Security questions
They are used to validate your identity. You also choose the questions and their answers when creating a clicSÉQUR account.
- List of your accounts (if applicable)
The list enables you to manage the clicSÉQUR accounts you have created and to verify whether the accounts listed are indeed yours.
- Date and time of last access
They appear on the home page of your clicSÉQUR account and enable you to check whether the access indicated is indeed your last access.
In the absence of one of these elements or if one of them is not correct, contact Services Québec‘s Centre de relations avec la clientèle.
How can I help to make my electronic exchange with the Gouvernement du Québec safe?
You have an important role to play in the safety of your electronic exchange with the Gouvernement du Québec. You must first read and accept the conditions of use of clicSÉQUR. They constitute a contract between you and the Gouvernement du Québec. According to these conditions, you are, in particular, responsible for the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You should reserve them for your exclusive use and allow no one else to use them.
Even though clicSÉQUR contains important security measures, browsing the Internet involves risks. For instance, fraudsters may obtain your personal identification numbers (PIN) and password or personal information contained in your computer files. In this way, they may commit a range of crimes and fraud under your name.
By taking these simple steps, you, too, can ensure that your identity is protected:
- Choose a password that is difficult to guess.
- Never disclose your user ID or your password.
- Check the I am currently using a public computer box on the clicSÉQUR home page if appropriate.
- Use the log-off function provided on the page when you leave an online service.
- Once you log off from the online service, clear your browser's cache and erase your browsing history.
N.B.: The clicSÉQUR team never contacts account holders in order to ask for their personal information, such as user ID, password, notice of assessment number, social insurance number, etc.
What kinds of emails does the clicSÉQUR team send?
With the exception of the email containing the verification code, the emails sent by the clicSÉQUR team always display at the top the signature of the Gouvernement du Québec, namely the word “Québec” and the fleur de lis flag, as well as the visual of the clicSÉQUR service. You receive emails after one of the following:
- Creation of your clicSÉQUR account;
- Retrieval of your user code;
- Resetting of your clicSÉQUR password;
- Cancellation of your clicSÉQUR account;
- Change of your email address; or
- Sending of your verification code.
For security reasons, a clicSÉQUR account not used for 24 months is automatically cancelled. In this case, you may receive an email indicating that
- Your clicSÉQUR account will be cancelled in 30 days; and
- Your clicSÉQUR account will be cancelled in 7 days.